Last updated on December 6, 2022
This policy (the "Policy") is to inform you about how FERREOL INC.1174419888), (the "Company" or "us") collects, uses and discloses your personal information in the course of operating this website, i.e. https://ferreol.ca/ (the "website).").
By accessing and using the Site, you consent to the application of the Policy. If you do not agree to these terms, you must immediately cease all use of the Site.
YOUR CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company collects, uses or discloses personal information with consent, except as permitted or required by law.
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time, subject to applicable legal restrictions, if any, and reasonable notice. To withdraw your consent, please contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that consent cannot be withdrawn where this would prevent the performance of a legal obligation. Withdrawing your consent may also prevent you from accessing certain features or portions of the Site.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company may collect information, including personal information, for a variety of purposes related to the Site, including
- In order to respond to questions, comments and other requests for information from customers or users of the Site;
- For administrative or marketing purposes, such as to send newsletters, announcements and other publications or correspondence, in accordance with applicable commercial e-mail law;
- To administer our contests and promotions, to the extent permitted by applicable law;
- For statistical purposes to allow us to better understand our customers, their habits and preferences and to adjust the Site accordingly;
- For the purpose of administering the Site and diagnosing problems with it, if any;
- To comply with its legal obligations.
The Company uses personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected or as otherwise permitted by law.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The amount and type of information collected is limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified and stated or clearly implied at the time of collection.
For example, if you communicate with us through the Site, or if you subscribe to our newsletter, then we only collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us. This may include your name and contact information (email and postal address) and any other information that may be included in the forms provided for these purposes.
COOKIES AND AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
Our site does not place any cookies (cookie Our site does not place permanent "cookies" on the hard drives of visitors' computers, but only temporary cookies that are required to improve the performance of certain site features, to enhance your experience on the site by remembering your actions and preferences, and to prevent you from having to re-enter your information on a subsequent visit.
In addition, your computer and the Site's server automatically exchange certain information when you access the Site. This is necessary for the server to transmit a file compatible with the computer equipment you are using. The information exchanged may include the following:
- the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- Your IP address (the unique number assigned to your computer when it is connected to the Internet)
- the type of browser (Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc.) and operating system (Windows, Mac OS, etc.) you are using to access the site;
- the date and time you access the site;
- the pages you visit;
- the address of the referring site, if you access the site from another site.
This information is kept and used by the Company for technical and statistical purposes, in particular to count the number of visits, the most visited pages, the technology used by visitors, the referring sites and the geographical origin of visits.
You can set your browser to prevent cookies from being stored. Most browsers provide instructions on how to decline cookies in the "Help" section of the toolbar. Please note, however, that if you refuse our cookies, some elements of the Site may not function properly.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Within the Company, access to personal information is limited to those employees who need the information to perform their duties.
The Company may share personal information with trusted partners or suppliers who act as contractors for the following purposes
- With our subsidiaries or affiliates for the same purposes as set forth herein;
- With service providers we hire to perform services on our behalf, such as hosting or operating the Site, sending and managing email, analyzing customer data and needs to improve or develop our products, services or the Site;
- In connection with a business transaction, if necessary to make a decision to proceed with the transaction and in compliance with applicable legal requirements;
- To fulfill any of the purposes identified in this Policy and any other purposes that the Company identifies, at or before the time the information is collected.
Please also note that personal information collected by the Company may travel through servers outside of Canada, be transmitted to a destination outside of Canada and be stored there. This information may also be processed by individuals located outside of Canada who work for the Company, its partners or suppliers. Where the processing of personal information is outsourced to a company in another country, the information may be made available to the government of that country or its agencies pursuant to a lawful order made in that country.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company is committed to maintaining physical, technological and administrative safeguards to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of personal information under the control of the Company to protect it from loss or theft and from unauthorized access, copying, use or modification.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, no method of electronic data transmission or storage is infallible. The Company cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted or stored through the Site and therefore cannot guarantee that the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data will not be breached.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company retains personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, to comply with the law or to protect its rights. Thereafter, the information is anonymized or destroyed in a secure manner.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
The Company reserves the right to change this Policy. Any changes will be posted on the Site, as appropriate. Your continued use of the Site thereafter constitutes your consent to the Policy as then in effect. If you do not agree with any changes to the Policy, you must immediately stop accessing or using the Site.
OUR CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints about this Policy or our privacy practices, or to exercise your rights with respect thereto, you may contact us at the following address email@example.com.